For March 10, 2017 eSRA Production Upgrade
Dear eSRA Users,
We implemented certain updates to the eSRA system on March 10, 2017. The updates were based on feedback received from eSRA users. Below is a summary of the implemented updates that you may notice:
New resource documents posted to the Supplemental Topics page of eSRA.lbl.gov
· email for Help Directly from eSRA QR2022
· email from eSRA to Central Office Help QR2023
· Grants.gov applications to DOE QR6910 (updated version)
· Merge Word Document QR2025
· PI Change Desk Guide for eSRA
· Proposals to NETL QR5040
· Sponsor Reference Number Desk Guide
New documents posted or updated on the Forms page of eSRA.lbl.gov
· Award Word Merge Master List (updated)
· Proposal Word Merge Master List (updated)
· eSRA Equipment Gift Approval Form (updated for use with PI Change modification process)
· eSRA Gift Approval Form (updated for use with PI Change modification process)
· 2nd Division Approval Change of PI (for use with updated PI Change modification process)
Changes of universal interest:
· New Process and functionality for PI Change modifications. Refer to the PI Change Desk Guide for eSRA for the details.
· Can now send help requests directly from eSRA proposal and awards to the following:
o AR Help
o WFO Help
o DOE Direct
o eSRA Help
See the new resource guide eMail for Help Directly from eSRA QR2022 for more information.
· New functionality around updating or changing the non-federal sponsor reference #s when the change is not concurrent with a funding increment. Refer to the Sponsor Reference Number Desk Guide for the details.
o New activity for Contracts Officer to correct the PO # on non-federal awards
o New activity for Contracts Officer to send email to Contract Accounting when a subsequent PO# is to be used on an on-going award.
· Non-Standard Financial Terms (NSFT) for modifications should now correctly display in the inbox of approvers.
· DOD question 6.1.b will not be filled into question 4.a Federal Identified on the SF424 application per requirement changes mandated by DOD.
· Subaward budgets must be uploaded directly in the SF424 workspace. Instructions are provided in the help text of View 9.1.G – Subaward Budgets.
· Changes at Grants.gov mandate a version match between the Grants.gov application package and the specific subaward files. The subaward budget forms have been removed from View 9.1.G – Subaward Budgets and replaced with instructional information.
· The ‘Submission to Sponsor’ tab should be available in all states to enable downstream reference to the Grants.gov application packages, and specifically to access the subaward budgets.
· Updated the help text for question 2.9 to specify selecting a Contracts Officer from the Budget Office Direct Budget group and referring to Grants.gov applications to DOE QR6910 for additional reference.
Functionality of particular interest to Resource Analysts (RAs):
· The broken link for the co-PI Assurance form has been fixed.
· Updated the help text on questions in View 7.0-PIN PI and 7.0-PIN-D Domestic Sponsors with information provided by IPO.
· There is a new process for the PI Change modification in eSRA. Refer to the PI Change Desk Guide for eSRA for more information.
Functionality of particular interest to Contract Officers (COs):
· Updated the branching for Master Agreements to remove the funding allocations View.
· Process change for PI changes implemented along with desk guide.
· Process change for corrections and changes to non-federal sponsor reference #s (PO #s) along with a desk guide.
Please email eSRAHelp@lbl.gov if you have any questions.