Additional information may be found at eSRA.lbl.gov/topics.
eSRA training, including links to eLearning modules and published Quick Reference Sheets, can be found at eSRA.lbl.gov/training.
Information about error or validation messages can be found at esra.lbl.gov/topics/validation-messages
You can scroll through this document or use Ctrl + Click on the entry or page number in the Table of Contents to jump to the appropriate section.
eSRA is a web-based system; and, as such, is affected by the browser you are using. The configuration of your machine and the browser settings may still affect how you "see" eSRA. If you are having difficulty, the first strategy is to select a different browser. You will find the browser that works best for your individual situation. Listed here are the browsers and versions reported by the software vendor to be supported within eSRA.
- For Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7,8, Server 2008 R2, and Server 2012, eSRA supports:
- Internet Explorer: 8 (but sometimes there are problems with tabs lining up)
- Internet Explorer: 9, and 10 (Internet Explorer 11 not yet supported.)
- Firefox: latest version
- Chrome: latest version (but "themes" might cause vertical scroll bars to disappear)
- For Apple Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8 or later, eSRa supports:
- Safari: 5 or 6 (Safari 6.1 and 7 not yet supported)
- Firefox: latest version
- Chrome: latest version
- For Apple iOS 5, 6, and 7 (iPhone and iPad), eSRA supports:
- The following are not yet supported:
- For Microsoft Windows:
- Internet Explorer 11
- For Apple Mac:
- Safari 6.1 and 7
- Internet Explorer
- Documents could not be converted from RAPID to eSRA
- Read-only security that you now have in RAPID 8.8 does not give you the ability to open uploaded documents. (This was unexpected.)
- If you have access to the source document:
- Retrieve the source document.
- If you do not have the source document available to you:
- Send email request to Cynthia Sylvester and Linda Nowell
- They have been given expanded security in PS 8.8 for this purpose.
- Please include a screen shot of the specific document(s) that you need to retrieve from RAPID.
- They will download the document from RAPID and send it to you by email.
- The back button will navigate you to the previous page; but will not automatically save data.
- You need to use the "save" button to manually save your data before going back to a previous page in your proposal, award, or modification.
A proposal converted from RAPID to eSRA should have been marked "not funded" in RAPID. How do I do this in eSRA?
If proposal is in "Awaiting Response from Sponsor" State:
- Use activity "Proposal Rejected"
If proposal is in "CO Proposal Review" State, you
will need assistance from Site Administrators.
Please submit a help request.
Option 1: with notification to the PI:
- Submit help request to move the proposal to the "Awaiting Response from Sponsor" state for the purpose of marking the proposal rejected. (Make sure we understand this is the reason for the request and we won't ask for the missing information that would be needed if the proposal were moving forward.)
- Help Desk staff will use Site Administration to change the state and close the help ticket.
- CO will use the activity "Submission Rejected" which will change the state and send email to the PI with the option of the CO entering comments and/or attachment from the sponsor.
Option 2: without notification to the PI:
- Submit help request to reject the proposal.
- Help Desk staff will use Site Administration to change the state to "Proposal Rejected" and close the help ticket.
Problem Reported: email from the eSRA system display with the body of the message being blank.
- The eSRA system email includes links to the eSRA system for the proposal/award/modification related to the email.
- If you are viewing the email and not logged into the LBNL network, this link is causing the entire email to not be displayed.
- Although this was only reported by a user with Apple Mail, it is possible for it to occur with other email applications.
Workaround Solution: There are several options
- Option 1: Log into the LBNL network and access the email again; should display properly.
- Option 2: Forward the message to yourself. The forwarded message removes the dynamic link to the eSRA system and the message should be displayed for you, but the links into the system might not work.
- Option 3: Be patient. Some users have reported that after leaving the same email on the screen for 3 to 5 minutes, Apple mail will eventually display what content it can.
- Option 4: Apple Mail preferences can be changed; but this might not be a good default because other emails require those images/content. By selecting preferences->viewing, then un-check 'load remote content in messages.' This option was provided to the eSRA Help Desk by an Apple Mail user. eSRA cannot make any recommendation about this and you might want to check with Apple Mail IT experts before making this change to security preferences.