Additional information may be found at eSRA.lbl.gov/topics.
eSRA training, including links to eLearning modules and published Quick Reference Sheets, can be found at eSRA.lbl.gov/training.
Information about error or validation messages can be found at esra.lbl.gov/topics/validation-messages
You can scroll through this document or use Ctrl + Click on the entry or page number in the Table of Contents to jump to the appropriate section.
- 1 I can't find a sponsor, but I think we've done business with them before.
- 2 How do I request a new sponsor?
- 3 Reps and Certs
- 4 A sponsor has changed its name. How do I make the change in eSRA?
- Use 'Company Profiles' in the top navigation bar in eSRA to look for sponsors.
- The 'Filter By' options include name, also known as, acronym, country, RAPID ID etc.
- Enter as little information as possible to get the widest possible results. In other words, type a key word in the name using a wild card to assist in the search instead of typing the entire name.
- The wild card % can be used to extend your search.
- Contact email@example.com for further assistance.
- Contracts Officers and Resource Analysts can find the 'Request New Sponsor' button on the bottom left in the proposal workspace. It provides a form that will be submitted to the Sponsor Administrator through eSRA. A Quick Reference Sheet is posted in the training section with more information.
- Others can email firstname.lastname@example.org with new sponsor requests or with questions about sponsors.
- Reps & Certs are required for all U.S.-located non-federal new sponsors except U.S. Universities or State and Local Governments.
- This requirement includes non-profit organizations, even if they are listed on the Melissa Data List, GuideStar or other non-profit lookup list.
- Foreign and Domestic universities, State and Local governments and Federal agencies are exempted from this requirement.
- If the organization is known to be foreign, the Reps & Certs also are not required. Indicate it is a foreign organization in the comments section when making the request for a new sponsor and provide the country and the website (if available).
- All sponsors must be assigned a sponsor type and that is, in most cases, determined by the Reps & Certs.
- Some sponsors whose first agreement at The Lab is a non-proprietary user agreement may later have a WFO or proprietary user agreement and the same sponsor record is used for all types of proposals.
- Requests for name changes should be sent to the eSRA Sponsor Administrator. If you don't know who that is, you can send your request to eSRAHelp@lbl.gov and it will be forwarded to the Sponsor Administrator.
- Send as much information as you have about the name change including any current sponsor contact information to the sponsor administrator so the correct path forward can be determined.
- Many factors are involved and the path forward must be determined on a case-by-case basis.